Sunday 23 October 2011

Safe stairs

I'm not going to lie.  I like bare wood stairs.  So much that I wont show you what the stairs looked without the carpet.   Its not hard to envision though.  But reality set in, with a teeny tot who will not long be climbing stairs, a dog who rolls down them every day, a broken leg seemed inevitable....I just didn't know who the first victim would be.  So with the help of many different parts we decided to do stair treads instead.  I'll just cheat and show to the previous owners crap stair runner.

Before:


After:




I took six ikea door mats, four which I cut into treads, hot gluing the raw edge to seal the carpet.  I took two to a carpet shop to get them to bind them together to make the runner for the landing.  The whole affair set me back $130.  Oh, and I got Steveo to do all the stapling, so I didn't even break a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment